Thursday, June 4, 2009

I'M MELTING!!!!!!





We had decided it was time to travel back up to Lake Louise to see if the ice had melted any further. We were bound and determined to paddle this incredibly beautiful lake before we headed to Jasper. As we apprehensively rounded the corner by the Chateau we were greeted by the most wonderful site. It looked as if the ice on the  entire lake had melted! We took the kayak off the top of the truck and started the trek up to the lake. After stopping numerous times to rest our arms (we forgot to pack the rolling kayak cart), we launched the bright yellow kayak on the most vibrant blue lake one has ever seen. It was 7:30am and we had the lake to ourselves. I believe we are the first ones to paddle the lake this year. We floated dreamily across the mirror that only we could appreciate at that moment in time. Time, somehow, is different for me now. I have more marks on the ruler behind me than in front of me. I have always been appreciative but now more so. SMILE

No comments:

Post a Comment